Device ID is MORE than just a geo-fencing product - it’s a lower-funnel advertising tool that includes attribution and ROI for your campaigns. Despite many consumers staying at home for much of the last 12 months, we still have several ways to capture their devices, serve relevant ads, and track response.
TARGETING OPTIONS INCLUDE:
There are 5 additional ways to target beyond a simple geofence.
- Location Targeting (closest to traditional geo-fencing): this is what you’re used to, a hand-drawn polygon on specific, relevant locations or buildings as recent as 3 days ago and as far back as 12 months.
- ZIP Code Targeting: Use this to target neighborhoods, a radius around a store, and larger areas.
- Device ID Demo and Interest Targeting: Advertise to devices for desirable demographics or devices that engage in specific interests or activities.
- Residential Address Match Targeting: This is a solid solution to reach any database of residential addresses, like your own customer list, or a prospect or purchased list of consumers likely to buy from you.
- Lookalike Targeting: This helps expand reach based on similarities in demographic, location, and behavioral characteristics.
- Social Extension Targeting: These audiences are built from devices that are observed frequently together. For example, devices that meet at the same office location, gym, coffee shop, or outdoor park.
ATTRIBUTION AND ROI:
Once you’ve selected one or more targeting options, you will have the ability to measure foot traffic, or even sales!
- Foot Traffic: A Point of Interest Attribution report can be used to find out how many devices showed up at one or more points of interest like a restaurant, office building, car dealership, or shopping center. This report works for ANY of the targeting options above.
- CRM Matchback: Send over your sales or CRM data, including the customer’s address and we can match to devices in our targeting pool - from ANY of the targeting options above.
OTHER BEST PRACTICES:
- Use ZIP Code targeting to reach desirable neighborhoods and consumers within an appropriate drive-time of your location.
- For Location Targeting, select your lookback window to fit your region, avoiding March and April of 2020 when most areas enforced ‘stay-at-home’ orders.
- Expand your ‘backgeo.’ If you have a relevant audience like a neighborhood, your backgeo could be the United States, since you know those customers live nearby your business. Talk to your sales representative for more ideas on when to expand or shrink the area where ads are served.
- Always add in Lookalike and Social Extension targeting to enhance your reach.