Our new proposal tool uses day minimums for campaigns when creating a new proposal rather than months. Using days instead of months allows for further API flexibility and the ability to develop new features for the tool. Also, campaigns with a minimum budget goal will need to be calculated based on days rather than months.
- If you are running a campaign from February 1, 2021 - April 31, 2021, it may read as three months but is only 89 days and would not meet a 90-day minimum requirement.
- If you are running a campaign from March 1, 2021 - May 31, 2021, it is 92 days to meet a 90-day minimum requirement.
Calculating Minimum Ad Spend
Using the example above, if you are running a campaign from March 1, 2021 - May 31, 2021, and which has a 500$ minimum per 30 days, you will need to calculate this based on days, not months.
The correct way to find the minimum ad spend is by finding the number of days in the campaign.
- (For this example, it would be 31+30+31)
Dividing the total number of days by 30, which is the number of days within the standard time period
- (For this example, it would be 92/30)
Multiply this number by the minimum requirement to get the minimum ad spend needed for this specific campaign
- (For this example, it would be 3.067 x 500, meaning there is a $1,534 minimum requirement)
- Although it may read as three months, the incorrect way to calculate this is multiplying 3 months by 500 minimum.