Creating a Manual Proposal:
- Log into Proposals
- Creating a New Proposal
- Adding Products to The Proposal
- Saving Progress
- Generating the PDF
Step 1: Log into Proposals
- Go to https://ui.marketing/proposals/
- Click “Log In” at the top right-hand corner. Your credentials should be the same ones you were using in the previous proposal tool, or if you have never logged in before, your account manager will send them to you.
Step 2: Creating a New Proposal
- Once you log in, this will take you to the main page to navigate to different screens. To create a new proposal, click on “NEW PROPOSAL” on the header or within the campaign hub
Once you click to create a new proposal, it will take you through the following steps
Step 1: Choosing Your Proposal Path
- Manual Tool - allows you to create a proposal from scratch. Most often used, you can choose your products, budgets, dates, and targeting.
- AdMix Engine - Can choose “Classic” or “Video-Only” and generate a mix of different products.
- Recommendation Engine - maximize your budget using an algorithmically generated media mix based on campaign goal, geography, budget, and industry.
Step 2: Entering the advertiser information
- Partner- The highest level of our hierarchy. This will automatically populate based on user settings.
- Division - Used to separate proposals for sub-units of Partners.
- Advertiser - Check first to see if your advertiser exists; if not, you can type in your advertiser and select “CREATE NEW.”
- If you are using an existing advertiser, the remaining fields will auto-populate. If you are creating a new advertiser, our system will remember your entries for next time.
- Website - Must be a valid URL of the advertiser.
- Industry - Find the closest possible industry of that advertiser; this information will be used within demand-side platforms
- Micro Industry and Keywords- Not a required field, but will help hone recommendations and target audience
Step 3: Entering Campaign Information
- Campaign Goal: Overall goal of the campaign (Branding, Informational, Direct Response)
- Start and End Date: Dates of the entire campaign; this can be adjusted in later steps
- Target Locations:
- Can choose locations in the United States and Canada only
- You can enter as many locations as you would like, mixing Country, State, DMA, County, City, and Zip Code
- Can upload Zip Codes from a CSV file; the template is also available for you to download
- ** Cannot upload Zip Codes AND select target locations**
Once you complete these steps, it will take you to the new proposal you created
Step 3: Adding Display Products To The Proposal
Next, you will need to choose the products you would like to add to your proposal.
- For Display Products, click on the “Display” icon on the blue bar.
Choose one of the offered product bundles to begin adding campaigns to your proposal. Once you select a bundle, it will populate with campaign information to fill out. You can add more than one bundle to the display product.
- Basic: Content targeted banner campaign
- Targeting Included: Content + Geo-Targeting
- Competitive: Content & data targeted banner campaign optimized to whatever strategy delivers the best results
- Targeting Included: Content + Behavior + Demographic + Retargeting + Geo Targeting
- Dominant: Search retargeting, content, and data targeted banner campaign optimized to whatever strategy delivers the best results
- Targeting Included: Content + Behavior + Demographic + Search Retargeting + Cross Device + Retargeting + Geo Targeting
- Native: Campaign targets ad message based on content and dynamically builds customized creatives based on the target sites Content Management System
- Targeting Included: Content + Geo Targeting
- Search Retargeting: Campaign targeting keywords that user searched for before ad placement
- Targeting Included: Keyword + Geo
- Site Retargeting: Retargeting users that have been to the client's website and serving them display ads on other sites
- ** Pixel placement required in order to use this product. Please see our article Pixel Placement & Troubleshooting for more information
Once you click on a bundle, it will open up a form beneath it to begin adding campaign details.
- Campaign Name - Goal of the campaign
- Product - product bundle you have selected, can also click the dropdown and change this.
- Start/End date - Start and end date of this specific campaign
- Campaign Budget- Total budget for the duration of the campaign
- Proposed Impressions - Minimum of 40k per month
- CPM - Cost per thousand impressions
- Monthly Allocations - Breakout of the campaign budget per month. This can be adjusted to different amounts per month. If the total monthly budgets are less or greater than the total campaign budget, you will be alerted.
- Targeting - This is the selected audience targeting for this campaign. Items will be pre-selected based on targeting chosen in the beginning steps. Users can remove targeting my selecting “remove” or use the search bar to search and add additional items.
Step 4: Saving Progress
At the bottom of the screen, there is a “Save progress button.”
This button allows you to work on a proposal, save, and come back at a later time to make changes.
Step 5: Finalize Proposal
If you have completed your proposal and are ready to finalize it into an order, the next step is to select the “Finalize Proposal” button. Please note that the “Finalize Proposal” button will not be an available option until all proposal requirements are met.
Once you select this, a popup will display as a final check before you finalize your proposal. This popup will have an overview of your proposal as well as a cancel and submit option.
Step 6: Generating Your PDF
Once you have added all of the products you want, you can generate a PDF proposal to share with current or prospective clients. Select “Generate PDF” at the bottom of the screen to customize and produce your PDF
A pop-up will display, allowing you to customize your PDF. Options to select or deselect all are available, or you can choose specific items to include. Once chosen, proceed to the “next step.”
- Proposal Add-Ons:
- Terms & Conditions: Expectations for the campaign
- Signature Line: Signature line for you and the client to sign
- Additional Audience Information: Census data pertaining to the targeted geography
- Map of Target Locations: Physical map showing where the targeted geography is located
- Target Locations & ZIP Codes: List of locations and ZIP Codes that are targeted
- Targeting Elements: Content, Behavioral, and/or Demographic targeting options listed in the proposal
- Sales Material:
- One-Sheets describing each product that was used in the proposal
This next step will give you the ability to add custom notes to your proposal. These will appear in the PDF following the proposal information. Click “Add Note” to begin customizing. This is often used to add custom disclaimers or comments. Select “next step” once notes have been added or to skip this section.
This last step will allow you to customize your PDF name and download it. A PDF name will be auto-generated, which you can type over to change. If you wish to exit, you can click the “X” at the top right corner at any time to go back to your proposal or click the “Go Back” button to go back to the previous step of the PDF generator.
Once you are ready, select the “Download” button to download, save, and view your PDF.