This article covers will go over the steps to take when you try to access Zendesk and instead receive the 'Forbidden' error message pictured below:
This error in Zendesk is triggered depending on how cookies* are being handled, to resolve this issue you'll need to walk through the following steps.
*Cookies are the extra pieces of information stored by browsers and used in handling user sessions.
- You'll need to enable third-party cookies. For enabling on most common browsers, see here.
Steps to enable third-party cookies on chrome
- In the top right of your browser, click the three dots and then Settings
- At the bottom, click on Advanced.
- In the Privacy and Security section, click Site settings
- Select Cookies
- Uncheck the box next to Block third-party cookies and site data
- Alternatively, you can leave “Block third-party cookies and site data” enabled and add "ecompliance.zendesk.com" in the Allow list
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies. For instructions, see Clear cache and cookies.
- Retry the request made when the 'Forbidden' error was triggered.
After enabling third-party cookies and clearing cache and cookies, the request should succeed.
If you continue to receive the forbidden message, contact Zendesk customer support.